A House of Prayer
In 1988, the Holy Spirit clearly and firmly spoke to me of the Father's
desire that His House be a "House of Prayer", not merely called, but actually be a "House of Prayer". The pattern of
His church was never intended to one of mere formal programs, systems, or high tech fund raising. No, the Lord's House is designed to
operate within the power and authority of prayer, simply. All other functions are secondary considerations.
I was provoked to ask, "What would happen within a sincere group of Christians who regularly gathered to pray and seek the face of the
Lord (See II Chron. 7:14)?" Would God show up in the midst of those called people of prayer? Would those who suffer with various mental,
physical or spiritual afflictions show up for prayer and actually see their need met in the "House of Prayer"? Would lost souls who have
no hope in this world come under the grip of conviction and surrender their hearts to Christ? What if these hurting seekers realized that
the only motive behind these "House of Prayer" people was to provided a bridge for them to have a relationship with the God
of the Universe? In addition, what impact would this group have should they also combine prayer with the truths represented by
I Corinthians 13, the love chapter?
Statement of Faith
- We believe that all Scripture is inspired by God and we accept the canon of the Scriptures as originally given.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, the Eternal Triune God; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His conception by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, in His sinless life,
in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, the Saviour of all men, in His bodily resurrection, in
His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and his personal return in power and glory. We believe that Jesus was very God,
and very man.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelleing the Christian is enabled to live a godly life,
and that by the Baptisim of the Holy Spirit is a distinct experience subsequent to salvation, providing for life and service.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the creation, test, and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability
to attain to divine righteousness apart from God.
- We believe in the necessity of Water Baptism by Immersion.
- We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord's Supper, for believers.
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and the eternal judgement of Satan and his angels in a real hell.
- We believe in eternal life for the believer in Christ and eternal damnation for any who refuse such a great gift of life.